What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
How to delete or set cookie options in browsers ?
To disable all cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools button and then select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- Set Firefox will to Use custom settings for history. Uncheck Accept cookies from sites to disable cookies.
- Click OK to save the changes and close.
For more information about how to set cookie options on Mozilla Firefox please visit https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
To disable all cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, then click Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab, then, under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies, and then click OK.
For more information about how to set cookie options on Internet Explorer please visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
To disable all cookies in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the tool icon.
- Select Settings.
- Near the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
- Go to the Privacy section and click on Content Settings.
- In the 'Cookies' section, you can choose how cookies are used when you browse using Chrome.
For more information about how to set cookie options on Google Chrome please visit https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
To disable all cookies in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Privacy.
- In the Accept Cookies section, select Never.
For more information about how to set cookie options on Safari please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677